PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Electrolux is committed to being a trusted and responsible partner for all of its valued customers. This means that we are committed to operating in an open and transparent manner and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including providing our customers with up-to-date information about our collection and use of personal data.
We encourage you to read our Data Privacy Statement which details, among other things, what personal data we process about you and for what purposes. It also summarizes what your rights are when it comes to this data.
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
We would like to provide you with information about what information about you (your “personal data”) that we collect, what we use it for, with whom we share it and what rights you have.
The types of personal data we collect:
- A) Contact information – such as name, address, phone number, email address, and login information;
- B) Information about your purchase of products or services – such as product registration information, warranty information and enrolment status in services;
- C) Consumer satisfaction and feedback data – such as the results of customer satisfaction and feedback surveys;
- D) Data collected when you are visiting our website – such as data collected through cookies and other automatically collected data to provide you with our websites, or information that you provide us with when visiting our websites (such as through contact forms etc.);
- E) Data identifying the appliance – such as PNC number, serial number, software version, MAC address, model, colour etc;
- F) Appliance usage data – such as how and when the appliance is being used (frequency and which cycles)
- G) Data generated by the appliance itself – such as operating data e.g. opening and closing of internal valves, heating circuit use and efficiency, oven temperature, motor power, activities driven by the appliance’s software in order to deliver the cycle/function chosen by you; efficiency data e.g. water consumption, energy consumption; situational Data e.g. conditions surrounding the appliance such as ambient temperature, air humidity, water hardness.
How we collect personal data:
- from you or your representative when purchasing your product, registering your product, visiting our website, activating your account, ordering a service, participating in our campaigns, creating a product review or when downloading and using an application;
- from our retailers;
- from our third party service providers, suppliers and partners;
- from publicly available sources;
- from social media, e.g. Facebook if you choose to use Facebook to facilitate logging into our websites/ apps.
You may choose not to provide certain types of personal data to us. If you choose to do so, this may affect our ability to provide you with, and your ability to make use of, certain appliances and/or services or their functionalities and features. However, unless otherwise specified, your choice not to provide such information will not result in legal consequences for you.
We may also combine the personal data you provide to us with other information collected online or offline to the extent permitted by applicable laws, including information provided by third parties, and use or share it for the purposes described in this Data Privacy Statement. We may anonymise the information we collect (meaning that it can no longer be associated to you and hence no longer constitutes personal data).
Why we process your personal data and the legal basis for the processing
|Processing Purposes||Type(s) of personal data||Legal basis|
|To assist in the development, testing, enhancement and modifications of our products and services||Types C, E, F and G above||Legitimate interest to enchance and modify our products and services.|
|In the event of a contemplated or actual reorganisation, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets and stock||Types A, B, C, D, E, F, and G above||Legitimate interest to facilitate and/or enable the contemplated or actual reorganisation, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets and stocks.|
|To send you marketing communications||Your contact information (type A and B above)||Consent or Legitimate interest to market our products and services.|
|To enable functionality in accordance with the description of the appliance / service||Types A, E, F and G above||Fulfilment of contract|
|To provide you with products and services you have requested||Types A, C, D, E, F and G above||Fulfilment of contract|
|To provide you with administrative notices such as user guidance/ product safety notices relating to your appliance, service or account||Types A, B, E, F and G above||Fulfilment of contract|
|For troubleshooting and repairing purposes|
|Types A, E, F and G above||Fulfilment of contract|
|To communicate with you about your product, service or account and similar customer service related activities||Types A, B, C, D, E, F and G above||Fulfilment of contract or other legitimate purpose, such as to keep you informed about products, services or account|
|Internal business purposes, including security, analytics, audit, and for our core operational activities||Types A, B, C, D, E, F and G above||Legitimate interest to facilitate and enable us to fulfil our internal business purposes.|
|To evaluate your feedback when you rate and review our products or services||Type A, C above|
|Legitimate interest of improving our products.|
|To manage and operate our websites and applications, including online registration||Types A, B, C, D, E, F and G above||Fulfilment of contract or other legitimate interest such as enhancing user experience.|
Information that we share
- As required by law, to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- With companies within the Electrolux group;
- With service providers and suppliers trusted to provide services and appliances on our behalf as well as with our partners;
- With a third party in the event of a contemplated or actual reorganisation, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets and stock;
- To enforce our terms and conditions; or
- To protect our rights.
When sharing personal data with a third party, Electrolux requires that such third party agrees to protect and handle your personal data in accordance with all legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, or other instructions we provide to them.
Your choices regarding marketing and information
If you choose not to receive marketing communications, your personal data may still be used for the other purposes described in this Data Privacy Statement, such as communicating with you for administrative or transaction purposes as part of the contractual relationship we have with you or where required by law.
Your rights under EU/EEA law
- Request access to your personal data;
- Rectification of your personal data;
- Request the erasure of your personal data;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Request that your personal data be provided in a format that can be transferred to you or another organisation (portability);
- Object to the processing of your personal data; and
- Lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
If you have any questions regarding these rights, or if you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so in writing, by phone or via email.
Please note that exercising these rights may impact our ability to provide you with certain appliances, functionality or services.
Security of your personal data
Storage of your personal data
Specific information to citizens of the EU/EEA with regard to international transfers
Your information may be transferred to a country outside of the EU/EEA which may not provide the equivalent level of data protection as the EU/EEA. We provide appropriate safeguards and protections for such cross-border transfers as required by law, including the use of Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, Code of Conducts and/or Binding Corporate Rules. You may request a copy of these documents by contacting us at the address below.
How to contact us
For your information, the Data Protection Officer’s contact references are:
Updates to this Data Privacy Statement
Last updated on: 2018-09-21